Are you marketing your law firm using PPC ads? If not, you're losing valuable clients.
With changing times, the way people search for attorneys have changed.
Many still turn to family and friends for recommendations, today increasingly more people are turning to online search engines to begin the process of finding an attorney. Whether they start with a general question about their legal matter or conduct a search for attorneys in their local area.
This is where the advantage of pay-per- click (PPC) advertising comes in. PPC helps your law firm boost its visibility in search engines, such as Google and Bing, it also helps your firm get seen first.
According to the Attorney Selection Research Study by The Research Intelligence Group (TRiG) conducted in partnership with Lexis-Nexis® | Martindale- Hubbell ®, 76% of adults who have looked to hire an attorney say they used online resources at some point in the process. In the study, search engines represented the resource that was most commonly used, with 39% using search engines to gather initial legal information, 35% to find attorneys, 23% to validate an attorneys qualifications, and 20% to make a final selection.
How PPC Gives Your Firm A Competitive Advantage
1. More Targeted Traffic
- When you show your ad to an audience that has expressed a high level of interest through search, you are more likely to turn these users into new website visitors, and then into new clients. You can target your audience through keywords, demographics, device, location, and other factors.
2. Increased Visibility on Search Engines
- Google PPC ads get you prime real estate on the SERP because they appear at the top and bottom of the page. The top placements are ideal for immediately grabbing a user's attention. For example, a user may notice a law firm in a paid search ad before noticing one that is ranked number 1 in the unpaid portion, especially on smartphones due to the smaller screen size.
3. Instant Exposure
- Unlike SEO, where you slowly build up your credibility with search engines, paid seach gets your ads immediately shown on page 1.
This is valuable when you are looking to:
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Gain exposure in search engines while you are building your unpaid ranking, which is also important.
- Quickly target a specific event that occurred, where it is very important to reach the audience immediately.
4. Controlled Costs
- With PPC, you only pay when your ad is actually clicked as opposed to when it is simply seen in the search results. By only paying for the users who have expressed interest in your ad through a click, you reduce the chances of wasting money on irrelevant leads. You have total control over your budget such as how much you want to spend on advertising each day to how much you are willing to spend for each click. You can adjust your budget as needed.
5. Insights You Can Measure
- Different than tradition adverting like TV or radio, paid search allows you to actually see how your audience is responding to your ads. When you run an ad on Google or Bing, You have access to analytics that show you everything, including the number of people clicking on your ads, the number of calls that your ads generated, keywords quality score for relevance of your keywords to the services you provide, calculate the costs vs the profits, your site speed, so how long it takes for the different pages of your site to load, and much more.
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION:
Use the form below to tell us about your marketing inquiry, and we’ll call you back to schedule an appointment. Please be as detailed as possible. Include what industry you need service for along with any specific document requests. To help us best serve your inquiry, we recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling us what you want to achieve. You can also contact us at (248)862-5333.